Everyone can find a choice of their own from the Christmas time programme in Helsinki. Here you can pick traditional or new happenings for the celebration of Christmas.
Christmas events in Helsinki
Are you staying in Helsinki for Christmas?MyHelsinki gatheredsome information on opening hours for sights, shops and restaurants during 24.-25.12.
This year Allas Sea Pool is open the whole winter. The steamy heated pool, the icy seawater pool and hot saunas offer experiences and recreation every day of the year.
This year you can go to the Sauna on the Senate Square during Helsinki Christmas market. Women and men bathe together, and the sauna can take up to 15 persons. The sauna cannot be booked. The fee for bathing is 5 Euros, including towel and seat pad.
- Allas Sea Pool
- City Event Calendar
- Helsinki Christmas Market
- Opening of the Aleksanterinkatu Christmas Street
This year, highlights from the year will be brought up daily on the City’s Twitter account from December 1 until to 24. You can follow the Yuletide tweets also on the city´s Facebook and Instagram accounts.
Christmas feast in the Market Halls and Market Squares
The Market Halls and Market Squares in Helsinki delight their customers with different happenings, Christmas markets, music performances and, of course, by offering delicacies for the festive season. The Abattoir gets ready for Christmas too. You can still enjoy the Christmas feeling in Hakaniemi Market Hall. The renovation of the hall begins in January when the sellers move to a brand new temporary building.
- Old Market Hall
- Hakaniemi Market Hall
- Hietalahti Market Hall
Ice-skating, skiing and winter swimming
- The Ice Park opened
- Artificial skating rinks and arenas
- Kivikko ski hall and tracks
- Places for winter swimming
Solve the mystery of Kurre´s winter coat, at Korkeasaari
Welcome to Korkeasaari where you can solve the mystery of the winter coat together with Kurre the squirrel. During the Christmas Season, the Korkeasaari ticket office hands out the story of Kurre´s winter coat, which leads the kids on a trip around the zoo, in the footprints of the squirrel. Korkeasaari during winter.
Winter Circus Play
Jump into the game - the rules of Hurjaruuth´s Winter Circus Play are made to be broken, when the international ensemble kicks off. In the winter circus, we play by rules and freedom. As usual, The Winter Circus guarantees wonders and aerial acrobatics!
- Winter Circus Play
A sample of Christmas time events
- Lucia Parade and festivities, Dec. 13
- Vanha Ylioppilastalo Christmas Market , Dec. 15 to 22
- The Abattoir´s Christmas Market , Dec. 15-17
- Helsinki Christmas Market , Dec 2 to 22
- Lux Helsinki , Jan. 6-10
- Christmas at the fortress , Dec. 2to Jan7
- Havis Amanda Christmas market , Nov. 19 to Jan. 9
- The path of the fortress elf , Suomenlinna , Dec. 2 to Jan.7
- Empirical light art installation brings the wartime generation in front of us , Dec. 5 to Jan. 10
Read more news of Helsinki on our site.